Tuesday, February 1, 2011

my mom's birthday (2011)

2011 seems to be a happy year for our family, cos of the blessings that we're receiving. And the most happy of em all are: my mom and dad <3  They are the v.i.p's of the family and they only deserve the BEST.

Anyway, January is the first month of the year where the first celebrant of the family is celebrated. (Too many celeb prefixes haha!) By the way, it's my mom's --'th birthday and I can tell she's so happy with the way she acts and conversed with us on that day, she's so "lambing". 

But before the celebration proper, mame (my mom,as what we used to call her) and daddy accompany me to my medical examination in the morning at Ortigas. But my mame told my dad for a stop over on a church we passed by which is the Christ the King Church in Greenmeadows. I accompanied my mame in the Blessed Sacrament to pray and give thanks to our Lord. And took some pictures cos the place is utterly beautiful and peaceful.
 with the birthday girl
My appointment to the clinic is for urinalysis only (for employment purpose) so it was quick and brief. After my errand it was still early and we decided to go to Shopwise for some grocery. It's funny that after doing the grocery, they're the ones whose discussing where to eat lunch and didn't mind asking me (coz they know i'll choose to eat somewhere that they didn't like the cuisines haha!!!) Anyway, after a few minutes of discussion they both agree to eat at Dampa sa Riverbanks. From Shopwise Libis to Dampa, it only took 5-10 minutes until we arrived there (cos bumper to bumper traffic ain't present on that day. Hallelujah!)  

I ordered myself 1 stick of chicken barbecue, while my mom and dad ordered an ensalada, 2 "inihaw na pusit" and a bowl of sinigang sa miso and 3 rice. We waited for approximately 20 minutes and when the foods arrived we munch on to it until all those foods are eaten.
 Daddy and Mame
 sinigang sa miso (i love the vegetables!!!)
 inihaw na pusit, ensalada and chicken barbecue
 the sweetest couple ever!!!
------
Before going home we received a text message from my brother asking if we could buy a molo wrapper for the siomai. So after eating mom and I went to the grocery inside the mall and my dad went to the car to wait for us there. But because my mom's so friendly she saw friends there who owns a boutique in the gallery section and chit chat with them and took some pictures. (My mom is also a cam whore-ish :p)


It was past 12 noon when we got back to our house and our resident couple chefs along with my grandmother took lots of effort to cook these foods:
 spiral spaghetti
 palitaw
 pancit
bilo-bilo ingredients
-----
A birthday ain't a happy one if there's no visitors and gifts!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment