Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Ever since I was exposed to Valentine's day or February 14, I always wonder what's the purpose of this date and why do people go gaga on spending lots of money over flowers, cards, chocolates, dinner dates, vacation, surprises and the likes. It's such a big deal that I can compare it to birthdays. Growing up with this type of madness on Valentine's day made me wonder how it feels like to be that person experiencing all this commotion during V'days. 

Luckily my questions are now answered, and I'm happy to say that I'm spending Valentine's day with a very special person for 5 consecutive years now and I must say this February 14 dates (or close to that date) made me appreciate and reason out why people way back when I was young value this day much. The reason? It's because valentine's day is the day where love or affection (specifically wife-husband,bf-gf, mag-M.U's&crushes) is the right time to be noticed. This the time that people whose not that showy and verbally capable about their emotions to their loved ones or partners can now relay it thru flowers, cards, dinner dates and surprises. This the time that both partners feel how special they are to each other.

Just like them, I also have my own special someone that I should be taken care of and make sure that he feels special and he stands out from the rest. And hopefully he feels that haha!

Just a quick rundown the memory lane, our 2010 Valentine's day celebration was so fast, like we only seen each other for 2 hours (since both of us have our own activities that day. We agreed to meet up over dinner), yet it is still special and memorable. Now comes 2011 and we both agreed to make this year's V'day with a lot of time together compared to the past 4 V'days we spent together.

Feb 13, 2011 is the date were he's available (cos on the 14th he'll go to work), so we need to adjust our timelines for our pre-valentine's day celebration. I must say we did pretty well on celebrating our 1st pre-V'day. We meet up on a much earlier time (1pm) and spent couple of minutes catching up since we didn't see each other for 3-4 days? I think. 

After catching up stories bout each other, we headed to the movie world and bought tickets to watch a feel good,scary but comedic movie. The movie took its course and made our day! Laughing and petrified in some scenes made us starved (since we had this small talk that we shouldn't eat large amount of food for us to enjoy our dinner date). The movie ended up in time for dinner so it's pigging out time now!!! 

We headed to Classic Savory Chicken. Come on, its dinner time and its V'day so it's expected that large crowd of food eaters everywhere and we didn't expect that (stupidity haha!) So, we ended up moving on the restaurant next to it, which is Chef d' Angelo were I red good reviews on their foods, so there's no way to say NO.

We ordered these foods to complete our V'day date.
 Four Cheese Deluxe Pizza (Php210)
 Nachos n' Dips (Php146): good for 3 person
 Spaghetti with Meatball(Php150): good for two person
     Drinks: Four Seasons (Php40) and Bottled water (Php25)
-----
Mind you guys, we're so full that we asked the waiter to wrapped the pizza for us to take it home instead, since nachos and the spaghetti itself suffice our hunger. 

Before going home he gave me my favorite Leche Flan roll from Red Ribbon  http://www.redribbonbakeshop.com.ph/shop/products.asp?product_id=1031 and I was like the happiest girl that time haha! By the way I keep on reminding him that those cheesy presents that guys normally gave their girls are not my type! Not that I'm against it, but I just didn't like the thought of walking around in public place with this huge bouquet of flowers or even teddy bears, but chocolates is still a choice (cadbury or macadamia) haha! But the Leche Flan roll that he gave me was the best choice ever!!! 

I'm overjoyed and really love the way we celebrated our 2011 V'day. I'm looking forward in spending this "love" holiday with my one and only love: MARK D. He's the reason why I feel V'day's spirit for 5 years now and hopefully for 60 more years to come.
I'm in love with him and keeps on falling again and again, I know it's a cliché but that's real and coming straight from my <3 (for layman's) and from my hypothalamus (for people in the medical field) LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment